Lousiana's Fried Chicken: Alternative to Kentucky's Fried Chicken

Few days back, I went to Midvalley for a dinner (alone!). I planned to eat at Portugese Grill, Oasis Foodcourt but then I thought I don't want to eat rice that night. So I walked along the underground floor, lots of restaurant there to eat in...Rasamas, BurgerKing, Dunkin, Krispie Kreme, Kenny, Nando's, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Chicken Rice Shop, Laksa Shake, Sushi King etc etc... too many to put the names all here.
But, I was attracted to this restaurant, Popeyes Lousiana Kitchen, next to Domino's Pizza. Quite a small place but I was attracted by the menu, they serve fried chicken like KFC and some seafood and rice meals.



I chose to eat a chicken meal- 2 pieces fried chicken, a biscuit (their specialty), coleslaw, mashed potato and a drink. This meal cost me RM9.90 without extra charges. I added a regular cajun fries that cost me RM 2.90.



I think the price is quite expensive than KFC (I'm not sure, haven't been to KFC quite a long time) but that could be compromised with the taste of the food. huhu..


Fried chicken: They are quite similar to what we have at KFC. There are 2 flavour you can choose, Mild and Spicy. I chose spicy but the chicken are less spicy than KFC's. But they were quite delicious... or maybe I was too hungry that time..huhu.


Coleslaw: I could say that the coleslaw taste quite different that KFC's. It taste like home made coleslaw, fresh and tasty.


Mashed Potato: This one is different than other mashed potato that I've eaten before. Unlike others, the chicken gravy that they put on top of the mashed potato has grinded chicken meat which made the gravy taste very 'chicken' (rase ayamnye....), when you eat it with mashed potato, it's really really delicious.


Biscuit: If KFC has a bun for the meal, Popeyes serves a biscuit for the meal. Don't get me wrong, the biscuit isn't like our kind of biscuits. If you have tried scones, the biscuit is quite like that. I ate the biscuit with the coleslaw or mashed potato.

Fries: Cajun is curry-like-taste spice so the fries taste quite spicy 'berempah' that normal fries. If you like to eat spiral fries, then I think you will like this fries.

I have tried the seafood meal before this with my friend and I like it too. The meal has a fish fillet, shrimps and other things mentioned above.

If you want to try different taste of fried chicken meal, why not opt for Lousiana's instead of Kentucky's?And if you want to eat other that chicken, the kitchen offers you with seafood meal as well. Besides that, if you don't want to queue long for a chicken meal at Midvalley (because each time I saw there were long queues at Midvalley KFC), Lousiana's kitchen can satisfy you with that. =)

Comments

  1. ~You make me hungry girl! Wanna try the Lousiana's kitchen... x penah try lagik nih!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha..dapat komisen drp popeyes lousiana ek? hihi..btw, pasni wat review rfc laks (radix fried chicken). slalu dgr, tapi takpenah rase..huhu..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning....

anggerikertas kembali...